Before my bulletin board looked like this,
it looked like this.
There was nothing wrong with it, but I wanted it to match my new white craft room a little better.
The frame of my bulletin board is built around the cork part, so I couldn't take it apart to paint and cover it. Instead, I used painter's tape to protect it while I sanded, primed, and painted it.
After the paint dried, I cut a piece of linen fabric about two inches longer and wider than the cork insert. Then I folded it under, creasing it with my fingers and attaching it to the cork with upholstery tacks.
I laid the tacks out first to estimate the spacing, then used a ruler to keep them about the same distance apart, stretching the fabric taut as I nailed opposite sides.
Except for hitting my thumb once with the hammer, it was super easy.
I think the colors and style complement my room better now, and it will be easy to remove the tacks and fabric and paint it a new color if I ever want a new look.
Thanks for coming by to see my new bulletin board!